Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Tool is used to encode your data. It is especially very useful for big data center companies and enterprises. As today’s world is more data-driven, therefore it is becoming more and more hard for companies to keep their data safe. For this McAfee introduced a disk and drive encryption tool that protects their data from internal as well as external intruders. Therefore if you also looking for installing a new McAfee Endpoint Encryption epo, you have to Decrypt the previous Encryption version completely. You need to uninstall the prior version because if the files of prior software still remain in your system. Then you’ll encounter an error while installing a new setup. Therefore we are sharing some methods so you get to know How McAfee Endpoint Encryption Works and How to Decrypt McAfee Endpoint Encryption epo.
How McAfee Endpoint Encryption Works
Endpoint encryptions compute its user data into the system files and completely conceal them. It only grants access to the administrator or authorized user. McAfee Endpoint Encryption Works in two modes. The two modes are elaborated below:
- Whole drive encryption which encodes all the system boot files as well as important documents. It is very useful for companies that entirely works on data and information security sectors.
- File-Folder and Removable Media devices which only provides security to a particular file or a folder. It also used for encrypting data of your removable devices such as hard disks and pen-drives.
Both modes are very beneficial for the user and can be used along with one another. They implement policies on the system operating files and encrypt your drive data files safely and held them under control. This encrypting tool became a great deal when in any case, you lost your data. With the help of McAfee Endpoint Encryption, you can restore your lost data and documents. Now you have known How McAfee Endpoint Encryption Works.
Let’s see when you can have a problem with McAfee encrypting tools. It creates a problem while installing a new version of McAfee Endpoint Encryption, you have to take care of its uninstallation carefully. As a partial uninstall process can create an issue for you. To handle this we are sharing some solutions, so you can easily handle the issue by yourself.
Decrypt McAfee Endpoint Encryption – Solutions
Use of Control Panel
- You can try programs and features option to directly uninstall McAfee application.
- Reach your system control panel
- Customize your application from the program feature.
- You can uninstall or make changes to any program.
- Select the Mcafee Endpoint Encryption application and
- right-click on it and choose to uninstall option.
The steps will Decrypt Mcafee Endpoint Encryption application but as every system have some files reserved. Perhaps there is a chance that you still having some file remain in your system. To check whether you have prior application files or not in your system, go to our next method that will completely remove it.
Use of Cleanup Tool
- You have to download Cleanup_tool.zip file
- When you downloaded it, you will see zip files contain two .exe files inside it.
- Use Cleanuptool_x64.exe if you use 64 bit Windows
- Use Cleanuptool_x86.exe if you use 32 bit Windows
You have to execute the cleanup tool and follow the instructions and it will delete all the remaining files of prior software and now you can easily uninstall Mcafee Endpoint Encryption.
Turn Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Client Operations To Halt
Before you use this method, make you ensure you have admin rights to make changes. If you have valid credentials only then you can halt the application process and uninstall Mcafee Endpoint Encryption application.
Now, you have to execute the application and follow the steps mentioned below:
First Modify application policies and assign application policies:
- Go to Menu tab and select System option
- Then use the pull-down arrow beside System folder
- You’ll see an Action folder and click on the pull-down arrow
- Select Agent folder and click on Modify policies option
- Locate the product folder and select pull-down arrow beside product settings folder
- Click on drive encryption ver 7.2. From here, you can check whether policies are assigned system’s policies or not.
After modifying, policies you need to check for policy settings:
- Select pull-down arrow beside product settings folder (Inside Product Folder)
- Select the edit assignment option. Now you can modify policies.
- Go to menu tab back and click on General tab
- Click on Enable policy option to deselect it
- Go to policy settings and then product settings and save the modification.
Now, that you have disabled the Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Client Operations, you can Decrypt Mcafee Endpoint Encryption without any hurdle.
If you used all the above methods and find difficulty in any step or having system trouble. You can contact our technical team. You just have to visit our website and get our contact details. Call us at your convenience. Our expert professionals will resolve your any query regarding McAfee software and Decrypt Mcafee Endpoint Encryption problem. We are sincerely at your service.