Sometimes, when your personal Windows Defender is doing too good you may not want to keep the installed McAfee antivirus products any longer. If you have landed on this website while searching for the best methods to uninstall McAfee items with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, then, this is the best destination to stop. The article takes you through the most effective ways to download the McAfee consumer product removal tool and uninstall McAfee with the help of the same tool.
Use McAfee Removal Tool to Uninstall McAfee
At times, it becomes difficult to manually remove McAfee antivirus software from your operating system. The easiest way to uninstall McAfee on your system is to use the McAfee Removal Tool powered by McAfee. Below is the list that includes all the types of removal tools for McAfee, take a look and proceed further to download McAfee virus removal tool.
- McAfee Total Protection Removal Tool
- McAfee AntiSpyware Removal Tool
- McAfee Personal Firewall Removal Tool
- McAfee Internet Security Removal Tool
- McAfee AntiVirus Removal Tool
- McAfee Virus Scan Removal Tool
Now, choose any one type of McAfee Removal Tool and learn how to download it to remove the installed McAfee software on your system. Before that, make sure that the chosen removal tool is supported by your operating system and the installed McAfee product. To know in detail, read below.
Below is the list of operating systems that support McAfee Removal Tool:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2000
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows 10
Now download the McAfee Removal Tool for Windows and uninstall any McAfee antivirus products on your Windows system.
Note: The users must make sure that the Windows ME and Windows 98 do not support McAfee Removal Tool, users having any such system must manually remove McAfee antivirus software.
Below is the list of McAfee Antivirus Products that support McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee VirusScan
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- McAfee SpamKiller
- McAfee Personal Computer Protection Plus
- McAfee Anti-Spam
- McAfee Privacy Service
- McAfee VirusScan Plus
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
- McAfee Data Backup
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee SecurityCenter
- McAfee AntiSpyware
- McAfee QuickClean
- McAfee Personal Firewall
If you have any of the above-mentioned McAfee products and want to uninstall it on your system, you really do not have to go through the manual procedure of how to uninstall McAfee, use any of the removal tools for McAfee and remove the program in no time.
How to Download McAfee Removal Tool?
To download the McAfee Removal Tool or Uninstall Tool, you will have to simply visit the following instructions.
- Start your operating system and open an internet browser,
- Search for ‘McAfee removal Tool’ or ‘McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool’
(Search for any of the removal tools for McAfee as per your choice and device.)
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Download the removal tool’ option and hit the tab
- After you enter the ‘Download’ button, the process will start and McAfee Removal Tool will be downloaded directly on your system.
Once it is downloaded, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder on your system and ‘Install’ and ‘Run’ the file respectively. Now learn how to remove McAfee software with the help of McAfee removal tool.
How to Uninstall McAfee With McAfee Removal Tool?
After downloading any of the removal tools for McAfee follow the below-mentioned instructions and remove McAfee software from your system (Mac, Linux, Windows, or Android).
Use McAfee Removal Tool On Mac
- Close the browsers such as Safari and Chrome if they are opened, as, during the removal of McAfee software, you must ensure the McAfee browser plug-in is disabled properly.
- Go to the ‘Dock’ and open the ‘Applications’ folder to find the ‘McAfee Enterprise Removal Tool’ or whichever type of removal tool for McAfee you have installed on your system.
- Double-click on the ‘McAfee Removal Tool’ to open it and hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- Provide your ‘Administrator Password’ hit the button of ‘Ok’.
- Leave your Macbook Air for a while and let the uninstallation process complete, and once the software is removed, hit the button of ‘Finish’.
After just a quick follow up on the prior method to uninstall McAfee with the help of McAfee removal tool on Mac, the antivirus tool will be removed.
Use McAfee Removal Tool On Linux
Before applying the below-mentioned steps, make sure that you follow the initial steps to download McAfee virus removal tool:
- Open your system and go to the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Find and open the ‘Ubuntu Software Center’ software.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Search Box’ to find the removal tool for McAfee Endpoint Security, type: McAfee Enterprise Removal Tool and hit the enter button.
- McAfee Endpoint Product Removal Tool or whichever removal tool you have for McAfee, and select the installed ‘McAfee Antivirus Software’ on Linux.
- Right-click on the antivirus software and hit the button of ‘Remove’.
- You will be asked to enter the login details, so, type the valid ‘Authentication Credentials’.
- Hit the button of ‘Authenticate’ and wait for the process to complete.
After applying all the aforementioned steps, McAfee’s antivirus software will be uninstalled on your system. Those who still have not the removal tool, download the McAfee Enterprise Removal Tool and uninstall the antivirus software.
Use McAfee Livesafe Removal Tool On Android
- Open your Android device and click on the navigate yourself towards the ‘Settings’ gear.
- In the ‘Settings’ folder, click on the ‘Location and Security’ and open it.
- Select the ‘Device Administrators’ and decline the ‘McAfee Mobile Security’.
- Close the tabs and go back to the ‘Menu’ and open the ‘Applications’.
- Find and open the McAfee Mobile Security Removal Tool and tap on it’s ‘Menu’
(if you do not have the mobile security removal tool, find any of the removal tools for McAfee and open it).
- Hit the button of ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove’.
(In case there is no ‘Uninstall’ option in the given list, tap on the ‘More’ and find it)
Leave your Android phone and let the removal tool uninstall the McAfee antivirus application on your device.
How to Uninstall McAfee By A McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool?
Sometimes, it can be hard to remove the McAfee Antivirus software manually, to ease your task McAfee has its inbuilt tool that is McAfee Removal Tool. McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool makes uninstalling all the McAfee antivirus items from your machine at once very easy. Follow the below-mentioned steps and remove the McAfee software.
Before applying the below-mentioned steps, make sure that you have a McAfee Removal Tool downloaded on your Windows operating system.
- Start the Windows operating system and go to the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Find and open the MCPR that is McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool to execute the application.
- Double-click on the same and hit the button of ‘Next’.
- For some security purposes, you will be asked to enter the correct ‘Characters’ shown in the ‘Captcha Box’, enter it.
- Hit the button of ‘Next’ and sit back for a while. McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool will scan your Windows operating system and detect all the installed McAfee items and start removing it automatically. Once the McAfee antivirus items are removed from your system, click on the button of ‘Restart’ to start afresh.
How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Software Without McAfee Removal Tool?
In case, none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you and you could not remove McAfee antivirus products with the help of McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool. Then, let’s try the oldest way to uninstall all the McAfee items without any removal tools for McAfee.
- Start your Windows operating system and click on ‘Start’
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Control Panel’ and open the folder
- Double-click on the ‘Programs and Features’ folder to open it and sort the ‘View By’ on the ‘Large icons’
- Here will be the list of all the external programs installed on your system, select all the ‘McAfee Antivirus Items’ such as McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee Livesafe, McAfee AntiSpyware, etc. from the list and right-click on the same.
- Hit the button of ‘Uninstall/Change’ and confirm your choice by clicking on ‘Remove all the selected files from the system’
- Hit the button of ‘Continue’ and sit back for a while, you will be able to see the status of ‘Removing McAfee Antivirus Items’ on your screen.
After the step by step follow up on the prior method of how to uninstall or remove McAfee antivirus without any removal tools for McAfee.
Why Choose us for McAfee Remove Tool?
Hope all the aforementioned methods on How to download McAfee Remove Tool on various systems and how to uninstall McAfee antivirus items with and without McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool. Although the mentioned methods do not need any professional to execute still, if you have stuck somewhere and need assistance, start a conversation with our tech experts and fix everything regarding McAfee Removal Tool.